Coordinator: Volta Ken Kinney - kkinney(at)thedevin.org
More information on the Ghana Wing will follow.
Volta Delta (general information)
>> More information will follow.
Activities / news
- Report: The coastal system of the Volta delta, Ghana: Strategies and opportunities for development This report is written for the Delft Deltas Infrastructure and Mobility Initiative (DIMI) Volta delta special case. In extension on the workshop in the Volta delta, early October 2017, a literature review is produced to bundle the existing knowledge of the coastal system of the Volta delta and to process this knowledge in practical handles for design.
TU Delft / DIMI, Tuesday 30 January 2018
- Dutch-Ghanaian student team jointly worked on complex challenges of the Ghana Volta Delta A group of students and teachers from Delft University of Technology, faculties of Architecture and the Built Environment, Civil Engineering and Geosciences and Technology, Policy and Management worked with Ghanaian students of KNUST, Central University and University of Ghana to develop integrated solutions for the complex challenges of the Volta Delta in Ghana.
Delta Alliance Ghana Wing, Monday 20 November 2017
- Meeting report: Ghana Wing 2nd Stakeholders meeting (9 June 2017)
The second meeting of the Delta Alliance-Ghana Wing took place on the 9 June 2017 in Accra, Ghana and was organized by the Development Institute with a financial support from Delta Alliance Secretariat, Netherlands. This was a follow-up to the first critical stakeholders’ meeting which took place in February, 2017. This second meeting aimed to define the strategic management framework of the Ghana-Wing.
Delta Alliance Ghana Wing, Wednesday 2 August 2017
- Report available: Ghana Wing Stakeholders Consultative Meeting, 2-3 February 2017
The report provides key discussions, highlights, contributions and recommendations from the national and local Stakeholders Consultative Meetings in relation to the establishment of Delta Alliance Ghana Wing for the Volta Delta. It was organised and facilitated by The Development Institute (The DI) with funding support from Delta Alliance (DA) Secretariat, Netherlands.
Delta Alliance Ghana Wing / TU Delft DIMI, 4 April 2017
- Spotlight on Sustainable Management of Volta River Delta
Researchers from the Delft University of Technology and the Delta Alliance joined forces with the Ghanaian Development Institute and the University of Ghana to discuss the challenges for integrated planning and sustainable management of the Volta river delta.
Dredging Today.com / TU Delft DIMI, Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Volta Delta: balancing preservation and development
Researchers from the TU Delft Deltas, Infrastructures & Mobility Initiative (DIMI) and the Delta Alliance joined forces with the Ghanaian Development Institute and the University of Ghana. In Accra they discussed the challenges for integrated planning and sustainable management of the Volta Delta.
TU Delft DIMI, Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Stakeholder meeting (2-3 February 2017)
The Ghana Delta Alliance Wing successfully organised National and Local stakeholder Consultative Meetings on 2-3 February. The two meetings were organised and facilitated by The Development Institute (The DI) with funding support from Delta Alliance Secretariat, Netherlands.
TU Delft DIMI, Wednesday 15 February 2017