Rhine Delta, the Netherlands
Coordinator: Cees van de Guchte - cees.vandeguchte(at)deltares.nl
- Houses large cities and industrial areas for centuries, but is not immune to problems faced by deltas. In 1953 dikes failed, flooding huge areas of land
- Sea level rise expected by 2050 will increase the risk of flooding in the port city of Rotterdam by a factor of 10
Rhine-Meuse Delta (general information)
>> Read more
- Workshop held to explore opportunities for international cooperation within the Knowledge and Innovation program for Water and Climate
The Dutch Wing of Delta Alliance organised a workshop on 21 April 2015 to explore the opportunities for international cooperation within research that will be carried out under the new Knowledge and Innovation program for Water and Climate (NKWK) in the Netherlands. Monday 04 May 2015.
- Reactive versus anticipative adaptive management of Deltas; The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the Rhine-Meuse Delta compared In this paper Californian Adaptive Management (AM) and Dutch Adaptive Delta Management (ADM) are compared. The concepts are introduced in a policy context to deal with prevailing types of uncertainty in water management in the Californian Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the Dutch Rhine-Meuse Delta respectively. T.J. Vlieg and M. Zandvoort in Water Governance 05-06, 2013
- Delta Alliance electronic board room session. The Rhine-Meuse delta, the Netherlands , Cees van de Guchte & Bart Makaske, Deltares & Alterra, the Netherlands (2010). Presented at the international conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change, 29 September - 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Delta Alliance Dutch Wing Workshop
On April 22, 2010 the Dutch wing organized a kick-off workshop under Delta Alliance. Representatives from various organizations were attending the workshop. After an introduction of Delta Alliance the workshop participants could give their opinion about the development of the international network during an Electronic Board Room Session. Delta Alliance Secretary, Thursday 3 June 2010
- Watch the Knowledge for Climate Research Programme Videos related to the Dutch Delta on the Youtube channel (English subtitles).