Rhine Delta, the Netherlands
Coordinator: Cees v.d. Guchte - cees.vandeguchte(at)deltares.nl
- Houses large cities and industrial areas for centuries, but is not immune to problems faced by deltas. In 1953 dikes failed, flooding huge areas of land
- Sea level rise expected by 2050 will increase the risk of flooding in the port city of Rotterdam by a factor of 10
- Delta Alliance electronic board room session. The Rhine-Meuse delta, the Netherlands , Cees van de Guchte & Bart Makaske, Deltares & Alterra, the Netherlands (2010). Presented at the international conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change, 29 September - 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Delta Alliance Dutch Wing Workshop
On April 22, 2010 the Dutch wing organized a kick-off workshop under Delta Alliance. Representatives from various organizations were attending the workshop. After an introduction of Delta Alliance the workshop participants could give their opinion about the development of the international network during an Electronic Board Room Session. Delta Alliance Secretary, Thursday 3 June 2010
- Watch the Knowledge for Climate Research Programme Videos related to the Dutch Delta on the Youtube channel (English subtitles).