Coordinator: Jan Sopaheluwaka - jan.sopaheluwakan(at)gmail.com
- 13 rivers run through Jakarta, a city of 8.5 million inhabitants
- Jakarta is the most vulnerable region in South East Asia to the impacts of climate change
- The land beneath Jakarta is subsiding at a rate of 1 – 10 cm per year
- Jakarta Climate Adaptation Tools final workshop
On 21st August 2014, the JCAT consortium held its final workshop in Jakarta. The title and main theme of the workshop was Jakarta Climate Adaptation Tools: The Pathway to City Resiliency. The workshop was jointly organised by JCAT, the Jakarta Research Council (Dewan Riset Daerah DKI Jakarta; DRD) and the Indonesia International Institute for Urban Resilience and Infrastructure (i3URI). Several other partners and key institutions also supported the workshop, including the Delta Alliance Indonesia Wing.
- JCAT team co-organised a session at 5th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
In October 2012, the Jakarta Climate Adaptation Tools (JCAT) team co-organised a session at the 5th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Outcomes Jakarta Climate Adaptation Tools Session Delta Summit 2011
The World Delta Summit, initiated by Prof. Jan Sopaheluwakan of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), took place in Jakarta from November 21-23. Within the framework of this summit, the JCAT consortium and Royal Haskoning organised a workshop within the series 'Towards Adaptive Flood Risk Management of a Delta City'. The main aim of the workshop was to ensure that the work being carried out in the JCAT project is well embedded in on the ground problems and activities in Jakarta. It was attended by approximately 40 representatives from international government and research institutes, NGOs, and consultants. The workshop was highly interactive, and much lively discussion and exchange of ideas took place.
- Delta Alliance electronic board room session. Turbulent time towards a resilient delta: the Ciliwung Delta, Jakarta, Indonesia , Jan Sopaheluwakan, Delta Alliance Indonesia Wing (2010).
Presented at the international conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change, 29 September - 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- August 2010 Scoping Workshop of Delta Alliance International Indonesia Wing Results and Findings
The Scoping Workshop of Delta Alliance International Indonesia Wing, held on August, 2 and 3, 2010 in Jakarta, was a follow up of the 2009 round table and kick-off meeting. Participants were enthusiastic in following the two-day agenda of the workshop and actively involved in discussions both in the breakout group discussions. Results and findings you will find in the document.
- Delta Alliance Indonesia Meetings Report
Report of the Roundtable Stakeholder Meetings, 29 June - 1 July 2009, Indonesia.
- Towards Indonesia Chamber of Delta Alliance, Jan Sopaheluwakan Presentation
Presentation by Jan Sopaheluwakan (Delta Alliance Indonesia Chamber): Towards Indonesia Chamber of Delta Alliance, given during the Roundtable Stakeholder Meeting, 29 June - 1 July 2009, Indonesia
- Delta Alliance Meetings Indonesia (June 29 - July 1, 2009)
Documentation Delta Alliance Meetings in Indonesia 29 June - 1 July 2009
- "Deltas are the epicenters of today’s and future human life challenges"
Interview with Prof. Jan Sopaheluwakan, LIPI