Research uptake actions for Urbanising Deltas of the World
The Delta Alliance and the Dutch Scientific Organisation (NWO) are actively supporting the formulation for research uptake actions for the NWO research program 'Urbanising Deltas of the World' (UDW). Seven scientific research projects started in 2014 under the UDW programme. The objective of research uptake is to establish active links between researchers and practitioners in delta research and delta management during the research phase.
Key element in the research uptake activities is a conference to be held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from 25 to 27 of January 2016. The program of the conference you can find here. Also the preparatory documents will be published on this website soon.
Delta Alliance is organising the conference. For more information please contact Ms Catharien Terwisscha van Scheltinga through catharien.terwisscha(at)wur.nl.
Projects overview Urbanising Delta of the World (UDW)
- UDW 104: Shifting Grounds
- Institutional transformation, enhancing knowledge and capacity to manage groundwater security in peri-urban Ganges delta systems
- Negotiated Approach in Shifting Grounds
- UDW-105: Rise and Fall: Fresh and saline groundwater dynamics
- Integrated Project
- Main programme
- UDW-106: Strengthening Strategic Delta Planning Processes in Bangladesh, the Netherlands, Vietnam and beyond
- Actor coalition formation and change
- Co-evolution between strategic delta planning and innovation
- UDW-107: Delta-MAR: Governance and hydrogeological prerequisites for sustainable water supply through MAR systems in urbanizing deltas, applied to Bangladesh
- UDW-108: Adaptive Delta Management. Acculturation and development in Bangladesh and Indonesia
- UDW-109: Sustainable freshwater supply in urbanizing Maputo, Mozambique
- UDW-110: Hydro-social Deltas