Webinar: Rural urban linkages combining safety and quality of living in delta cities, part 2 (16 June 2017)
Have you not been able to attend the webinar?
The first webinar in this serie was held on 19 April 2017
>> Read more
- Wim Timmermans, Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra), thought leader Delta Alliance
- Maarten van Ginkel, Sustainable Planning Department, Municipality of Nijmegen
- Nahyan Hossain, Wageningen University and Research / Bangladesh
- Saiful Alam, Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Bangladesh
Now it will be further developed by in depth analysis of two cases: Hatirjheel in Dhaka and Lentse Bocht in Nijmegen. Both used the urban natural system as a basis for urban development, combining different investments in reducing flood risks and ameliorating green and urban quality.
A question and answer session will be included in the webinar and will be concluded with a reflection on the framework presented.
- Document: A plea for putting the issue of Urbanizing Deltas on the new urban agenda
- Recording of the previous webinar: http://thewaterchannel.tv/webinars/459-rural-urban-linkages-combining-safety-and-living-quality-in-delta-cities
- Website: Room for the River Waal
This webinar is organised under the auspices of Delta Alliance in association with Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra).