Webinar: Rural urban linkages combining safety and quality of living in delta cities, part 2 (16 June 2017)
Date and time
- Friday 16 June 2017
- 15.00-16.00 Central European Time (Click here to check your local timings)
The first webinar in this serie was held on 19 April 2017
>> Read more
How to attend
- Go to https://metameta.adobeconnect.com/ruralurban/
- Click on ‘Enter as Guest’
- Enter a user name
- Click on ‘Enter Room’
- That’s it! You can now listen to the speakers, and share your questions and comments
- Wim Timmermans, Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra), thought leader Delta Alliance
- Maarten van Ginkel, Sustainable Planning Department, Municipality of Nijmegen
- Nahyan Hossain, Wageningen University and Research / Bangladesh
- Saiful Alam, Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Bangladesh
Now it will be further developed by in depth analysis of two cases: Hatirjheel in Dhaka and Lentse Bocht in Nijmegen. Both used the urban natural system as a basis for urban development, combining different investments in reducing flood risks and ameliorating green and urban quality.
A question and answer session will be included in the webinar and will be concluded with a reflection on the framework presented.
- Document: A plea for putting the issue of Urbanizing Deltas on the new urban agenda
- Recording of the previous webinar: http://thewaterchannel.tv/webinars/459-rural-urban-linkages-combining-safety-and-living-quality-in-delta-cities
- Website: Room for the River Waal
This webinar is organised under the auspices of Delta Alliance in association with Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra).