Viet Nam Wing
Mekong and Red River Deltas, Viet Nam
Coordinator: Le Quang Minh - lqminh(at)vnuhcm.edu.vn
- Mekong consists of 5.5 million hectares of land
- Most inhabitants are rural farmers/fishers and they produce rice fish and shrimp
- The smaller Red River Delta is more densely populated and developed
Mekong Delta (general information)
>> Read more
Documentation and News articles:
- Delta Alliance supports Mekong Delta in Viet Nam taking the next step in safegarding the delta’s values
At the Mekong Delta Forum, held in HCMC on 2nd and 3rd of February, Delta Alliance’s chairperson Mrs. Tineke Huizinga spoke on the importance of integrating sectoral interests and joint planning and financing. As Dutch minister for Water she supported the development of the Mekong Delta Plan that was presented in December 2013.
12 February 2015
- Mekong Delta Plan (pdf, December 2013)
Long-term vision and strategy, for a safe, prosperous and sustainable delta.
Royal HaskoningDHV, Wageningen UR, Deltares, Rebel
- Delta Alliance electronic board room session. Mekong Delta, The current and future states , Prof.dr. Le Quang Minh, Wageningen University & Viet Nam National University-Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam (2010). Presented at the international conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change, 29 September - 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- July 2010 Scoping Workshop Viet Nam Wing of Delta Alliance
On 20 July, a Scoping Workshop was organized by the Viet Nam Wing coordinator, Prof. dr. Le Quang Minh, at Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City. Twenty five participants of universities, research institutions and local governments discussed on how to build the Viet Nam network and came with a number recommendations for potential research topics and capacity development. It was also concluded that the farmers in the Mekong have already introduced climate change adaptation measures. Viet Nam Wing Delta Alliance, Monday 27 September 2010