San Francisco Bay and Delta, California, USA
Coordinator: Steve Goldbeck - steveg(at)bcdc.ca.gov
- Largest estuary on the west coast of North America
- More than 95% of the original tidal marshes have been leveled, now protecting farmland, communities, and infrastructure
- Supplies water for 23 million people and over 2.8 million hectares of farmland
California Delta (general information)
>> Read more
- Reactive versus anticipative adaptive management of Deltas; The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the Rhine-Meuse Delta compared In this paper Californian Adaptive Management (AM) and Dutch Adaptive Delta Management (ADM) are compared. The concepts are introduced in a policy context to deal with prevailing types of uncertainty in water management in the Californian Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and the Dutch Rhine-Meuse Delta respectively. T.J. Vlieg and M. Zandvoort in Water Governance 05-06, 2013
- Report Califonia mission , February 3-4, 2011. Short report of the Delta Alliance mission to California.
- Delta Alliance electronic board room session. California: San Francisco Bay and the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta , Peter Wijsman, Will Travis, Paul Bunje, Mike Urkov, Delta Alliance (2010).
Presented at the international conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change, 29 September - 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Adaptation strategies for shoreline development in San Francisco bay
A feasibility study is conducted on potential strategies to adapt to the impacts of climate change on shoreline development in San Francisco Bay in this project. This study is executed by a Dutch team comprised of professionals from engineering and consulting firm ARCADIS Nederland BV and the research institutes ALTERRA and Deltares Eddy Moors, Alterra Wageningen, Thursday 17 September 2009
- Brochure: A New Alliance for Climate Change Adaptation
Brochure "California and The Netherlands: A New Alliance for Climate Change Adaptation" for the California one day symposium at 21 September 2009. Delta Alliance Secretary, Monday 17 August 2009
- "We all face the same challenges, the only differences are in our perspectives"
Interview with Mr. Will Travis, Executive Director of the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission in California, United States of America