The theme of this summit is ‘Building a Sustainable and Resilient Future Through Water’. It is organised by the River Water User Association (India) and the International River-Basin Foundation. The focus will be on integrated water resources and their management to achieve water and food security; climate change impacts; agricultural development; ways to achieve sustainability through latest technologies, information and communications technology (ICT) and resource mobilization. The summit’s seven themes seek to help achieve internationally agreed water-related goals and targets, including those contained in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, by addressing local issues in a changing climate:
- Rivers as a Source of Inspiration and Life
- Valuing Rivers and Water
- Threats to Water Resources and Food Security
- Ecosystem Rejuvenation
- Feel the Vibration for Sustainable Life;
- Science, Technology, ICT and Innovation as a Support System for Action
- Policy Issues, Governance and Resource Mobilization.
The 2019 event follows the first International River Summit that took place in 2016.
Abstract submission extended till September 15, 2019